Re: New version of the CAT of WCAG 2.0 in Finnish, comment list, and summary are available

Dear Ossi, All,

It was pointed out that the previous message was confusing. Please
disregard it and find some clarifications below:

1) In order to demonstrate consensus for approval of the updated
translation [1], it is important that a majority of the stakeholders [2]
indicate their approval (or any objections they may have).
  - [1] <http://www.w3c.tut.fi/translations/tr/2010/CAT-WCAG20-20101209/>
  - [2]
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/2010JulSep/0065.html>

2) Stakeholders can indicate their approval or objection, either by
sending an e-mail to the publicly archived mailing list [3] in English or
Suomi, or by contacting the LTO (Tampere University of Technology).
  - [3] <public-auth-trans-fi@w3.org>

3) The LTO will provide a publicly archived summary with the names of the
stakeholders who approve or object to the translation, in order to proceed
to the next stage in the authorized translation process.

We look forward to the completion of this translation.

Best regards,
  Coralie

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:52:18 +0100, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org> wrote:

> [...]
>> commentators advised to pay attention to the grammatical correctness and
>> the fluency of language in general.
>>
>> The LTO translation working group considers that all the comments and
>> the suggestions have been taken into account in the corrected version of
>> the CAT. The LTO translation working group also suggests the corrected
>> version of the CAT to be the official Finnish translation of the WCAG
>> 2.0.
>>
>> Finally the LTO translation working group would like to thank all the
>> ones, who participated in the commentary on the draft proposal for the
>> official Finnish translation of the WCAG 2.0:
>>
>> Ari Aroheikki (Turvatekniikan keskus TUKES), Kimmo Bergius (Microsoft
>> Oy), Pilkkuniina Brandt (Valtioneuvoston kanslia), Sakari Eränen (ENTER
>> ry Ikäihmisten tietotekniikkayhdistys), Henry Haglund (Haglund Networks
>> Oy), Kaisi Hantula (Asumisen rahoitus- ja kehittämiskeskus), Jussi
>> Hermunen (Saavutettava.fi), Marja Herranen (Helsingin yliopisto), Arto
>> Hippula (Tampereen yliopisto – Tietojenkäsittelytieteen laitos), Tarja
>> Hopeakangas (Itella Oyj), Päivikki Karhula (Eduskunnan kirjasto), Aki
>> Kekäläinen (YLE - Yleisradio Oy), Mari Kiviniemi (Terveyden ja
>> hyvinvoinnin laitos), Jouko Kokko (Terveyden ja hyvinvoinnin laitos),
>> Mervi Korpiaho (Kirkon tiedotuskeskus), Lena Koski (Eläketurvakeskus),
>> Minna Koskinen (Jyväskylän ammattikorkeakoulu), Kalle Könkkölä (Kynnys
>> ry), Tommi Lahtonen (Jyväskylän yliopisto), Janne Matikainen (Helsingin
>> yliopisto, Valtiotieteellinen tiedekunta, Viestinnän laitos), Marjut
>> Mutanen (Saavutettava.fi), Marjo Mäenpää (Aalto-yliopiston
>> taideteollinen korkeakoulu), Jouni Mäkeläinen (Twinkle Oy), Antti
>> Mäkipää (Kuurojen Liitto ry), Joose Niemi, Marika Nordlund (Vanhustyön
>> keskusliitto ry), Sannamari Ollikkala (Eläketurvakeskus), Arto Paavola
>> (KELA – Kansaneläkelaitos), Kirsti Pesola (Vanhustyön keskusliitto ry),
>> Paula Pietilä (Turun yliopisto), Hannu Puupponen (Jyväskylän yliopisto),
>> Hanna-Greta Puurtinen (Tampereen ammattikorkeakoulu), Antti Raike
>> (Aalto-yliopiston taideteollinen korkeakoulu), Jukka-Pekka Rapinoja
>> (Metalliteollisuuden Standardisointiyhdistys ry - MetSta), Jaakko
>> Salonen (Aalto yliopiston IT -palvelukeskus), Timo Simell (TIEKE –
>> Tietoyhteiskunnan kehittämiskeskus), Ilpo Soini (Keskuspuiston
>> ammatiopisto, Arlan toimipaikka), Ville Suomi (Itella Oyj), Juha Sylberg
>> (Näkövammaisten keskusliitto), Päivi Tahkokallio (Tahkokallio Design+),
>> Ari Tammi (Helsingin kaupunki), Tarmo Toikkanen (Aalto-yliopiston
>> taideteollinen korkeakoulu), Raino Vastamäki (Adage Oy), Sami Virtanen
>> (Kuulonhuoltoliitto), Sami Älli (Kehitysvammaliitto ry), Timo Övermark
>> (Kehitysvammaliitto ry)
>>

>> On 1.9.2010 12:42, Coralie Mercier wrote:

>>> Dear Ossi, all
>>>
>>> We are now at the step in the Policy for Authorized Translation when
>>> W3C
>>> initiates the review process of at least 30 days, starting 1 September

>>> [[4. W3C Initiation of Review Process:
>>> 1. W3C announces a review period of at least 30 days of the CAT on the
>>> translators' mailing list, specifying a separate, publicly archived
>>> mailing list, in W3C or W3C Office Web space, to be used for
>>> commenting.
>>> This mailing list may be a per-language list for all CATs in that
>>> language, such as public-auth-trans-hu@w3.org for any Hungarian CAT, or
>>> a list specifically set up for that CAT. All comments on the CAT must
>>> be
>>> sent to this list. Postings to the mailing list may either be in the
>>> language of translation or in English.
>>>
>>> 5. LTO Notification of Review, Monitoring of Comments, and Revision of
>>> CAT:
>>> 1. The LTO notifies the stakeholder organizations of the availability

--
Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
      W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR