RE: Corrected Catalan version of WCAG incorporating SIDAR agreed comments

Dear Coralie, and all...

Before anything, we want to apologize by to have taken as much in
responding. It has been difficult to reunite us to work together, since in
Spain we are at the height of the season of vacations of summer.

We would like to insist [1] in three questions not yet added to the
authorized translation:

1) "image map" was translated as "imatge sensible" which could be translated
back to English as "sensitive imatge". We think that "mapa d'imatge" is a
more accurate translation and a expression commonly used by the community.

- "image map" is a technical concept directly related to web technology
while "imatge sensible" is a concept related to other knowledge areas like
Knowledge Theory in Philosophy which could lead users to confusion

- An SVG can have active (sensitive) zones, but an SVG isn't a image map.

- A Google search for "imatge sensible" throws 88 results, being most of
them related to philosophical concepts related to Knowledge Theory and so.
While a Google search for "mapa d'imatge" throws 750 results, including some
from Universities like Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Universitat Oberta
de Catalunya, and Government Agencies like Generalitat de Catalunya,
Generalitat de València, Diputació de Barcelona.

2) "If color alone is used to convey information" was translated as "Si el
color per si mateix" that could be translated back to english as "If color
itself" that could lead somebody to think that color is *always* a bad
choice for conveying information. We think that "Si únicament s'utilitza el
color" is the correct translation and can be translated back to english
as the original.

3) "Automated methods are generally rapid and *convenient* but cannot
identify all accessibility issues" was translated as "Els procediments
automàtics són ràpids i *barats* però no detecten tots els aspectes de
l'accessibilitat". We think that "barats" ("cheap" in english) is a wrong
translation for "convenient". We suggest "convenients" instead, because the
translation of convenient as cheap doesn't fit to the meaning of speed,
simplicity, comfort, immediateness that doesn't have any relation with
the price of the tools. Besides, the term "convenient" is the same for
english
and catalan language, having exactly the same meaning. So, there's no need
for
using a different term that also could lead the users to confusion.

We would like to insist [2] on the need to establish a procedure for
reviewing the authorized translations
when someone, even if she/he is not part of any of the entities that took
part into the revision process,
raise a question that could improve the quality of the translation.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-auth-trans-ca/2007Apr/0005.html
[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-auth-trans-ca/2007Jun/0002.html

Sincerely,
Emmanuelle, in behalf of the SIDAR revision team for the WCAG 1.0
translation into catalan:
- Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo
- Fernando Gutiérrez
- Arnau Siches