From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:17 PM
To: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
Subject: AgendaF2F+ Charter extension, rechartering, milestones

Hi folks

Something to briefly discuss at the f2f at TPAC.

Our current charter
https://www.w3.org/2011/audio/charter/audio-2016.html
started in 22 December 2016 and ends 22 December 2018.

We can get up to a 6 month extension. I suspect that might be enough to get WebAudio API 1.0 out of Candidate Recommendation, as our test results are pretty good at this point.

That means the extended charter would end in June 2019 and we should have a new charter ready to send to the AC around April. This would have the same deliverables as the current one (WebAudio API v.next is already in scope). We should also have a better sense of where WebMIDI is, state of a second implementation, changes needed to move to Candidate Rec.

The rechartered period would then be June 2019 to June 2021.

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus