#1471 and GC problem

From: Joe Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 13:35:35 -0500
To: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
This is a note relating to today's WG Meeting, at which we discussed Issue
1471 relating to the observability of garbage collection.

As I wrote up the solution that we'd been discussing, I found myself
becoming convinced that the approach of preventing GC from having any
effect on the graph will break many existing apps -- read the comment that
I added and please do argue another point of view if you have one:

https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/1471#issuecomment-358484430
.

I think that Karl T's other proposed solutions are still possible, but we
didn't discuss those in as great detail.

Joe Berkovitz