Re: PR Preview now working on webaudio/web-audio-api

From: Paul Adenot <padenot@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 11:21:29 +0200
To: Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com>
Cc: "public-audio@w3.org Group" <public-audio@w3.org>
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com> wrote:

> I noticed that that suddenly appeared. Is that just an artifact of using
> the official respec?
>
> I had set it up a while back, but it would not work because we were using
an pinned version of ReSpec. This tool and the companion web services need
the W3C-hosted version. Once you did all the work to use the W3C-hosted
version, the web service stopped erroring out, and everything started
working.

> I think that's pretty cool, because getting previews was always difficult.
> Now it's automatic!
>
> But what version is displayed?  The initial commit?  The latest?

It's unclear. It looks like it's gh-pages + your patches, but I don't know
what it does in case the auto-merge fails.

Paul.

> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 1:34 AM, Paul Adenot <padenot@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Thanks to Raymond that has done all the hard work to have us using the
>> w3-hosted version of ReSpec, we now have PR Preview and diff integrated
>> into the Web Audio API spec:
>>
>> Let's take a recent PR from Raymond as an example: two new links are
>> added into messages:
>>

>> ​
>> ​
>> Clicking the "Preview" link, we have a preview of the text with the PR
>> applied, with a helpful warning at the bottom:
>>

>> ​
>> ​
>> Clicking the diff shows the spec text again, with inline deleted/added
>> markup (again on Raymond's PR above):
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>> ​
>> This is automatic, and saves us from using rawgit manually each time.
>>
>> Huge thanks to Tobie Langel for doing this and explaining me how to
>> integrate it (it was dead simple). Technically, this is made possible by
>> [0], using a couple other web services to render and diff specs. If we end
>> up switching to bikeshed, this will keep working (pr-preview was originally
>> only supporting bikeshed).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul.
>>
>> [0]: https://github.com/tobie/pr-preview

Screenshot-2017-9-25_Web_Audio_API_1_.png
(image/png attachment: Screenshot-2017-9-25_Web_Audio_API_1_.png)

Screenshot-2017-9-25_WebAudio_web-audio-api.png
(image/png attachment: Screenshot-2017-9-25_WebAudio_web-audio-api.png)

Screenshot-2017-9-25_Web_Audio_API.png
(image/png attachment: Screenshot-2017-9-25_Web_Audio_API.png)

Screenshot-2017-9-25_WebAudio_web-audio-api.png
(image/png attachment: 04-Screenshot-2017-9-25_WebAudio_web-audio-api.png)