Limiter on audio output?

From: André Michelle <andre.michelle@audiotool.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:27:26 +0200
To: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
Hi,

I cannot find anything in the docs, but it is obvious that there is a limiter in the end of the signal chain - probably to protect the listeners from loud and ugly output if something goes wrong.

However, is there a way to disable the limiter? I understand that for most web-audio-api applications it is a nice and convenient way to have your output limited automatically. But we are developing a DAW where the user should have full control over the signal chain.

~
André Michelle
http://www.audiotool.com