RE: review of contiguous IDL

It appears that validator re-runs when opening the results link below…  Still useful!

From: Raymond Toy [mailto:rtoy@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:15 PM
To: Joe Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>
Cc: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
Subject: Re: review of contiguous IDL

Validator results:  https://validator.w3.org/checklink?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwebaudio.github.io%2Fweb-audio-api%2F&hide_type=all&depth=&check=Check#results1

(Hope that works.  This is really helpful.)

I think I can fix the broken internal links pretty quickly.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com<mailto:rtoy@google.com>> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Joe Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com<mailto:joe@noteflight.com>> wrote:
Hi Ray,

You probably already explained this, but all of the autogenerated #widl-xxx anchors for attributes and methods are now in the form #dom-xxx. These are not caught as ReSpec errors. They amount to many (perhaps 100%?) of the now-broken internal links in the document.

Actually, I didn't explain it, except that many links are broken.

In fact, I think it's also incorrect to use #dom-xxx. I think the right thing is <a data-link-for="section-or-idl-name">link</a>.

Do we need there another V1 blocker issue to go back and fix these?

Yeah, we probably should. I started to go through some now, but decided to wait for the other blockers.  It's a gigantic pain to do, but we need to find them all.

I thought Paul had added some stuff to list all of the broken links.  That that got deleted or isn't working any more?

I'm running validator.w3.org<http://validator.w3.org> now to see if that will help us find all the broken links....

Joe Berkovitz
Founder
Noteflight LLC