Re: Input buffer's time coordinate

This has kind of drifted off-topic for the public-audio list, which is
about the spec itself.  You should try public-audio-dev list instead.

But for your particular case, why not use an offline audiocontext with an
AudioBufferSource node with a constant signal followed by a gain node?
This is how the automation diagram in the spec
<http://webaudio.github.io/web-audio-api/#example1-AudioParam> was
produced.  The source for the diagram is
https://googlechrome.github.io/web-audio-samples/samples/audio/timeline.html
.