Re: FFT demo and some questions

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:39:00 +1200
To: Josh Nielsen <josh@joshontheweb.com>, Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com>, Stephen C Phillips <steve@scphillips.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Josh Nielsen <jbneslein@gmail.com> wrote:

> Because i am uploading the audio over the internet and need to keep the
> filesize manageable.  Even if that wasn't the case, if you have any need to
> use a script processor node, you are likely to encounter performance issues
> if the sample rate is too high.

If you're uploading audio over the network you probably want to use
MediaRecorder to compress it, which would make the sample rate moot.

Whether it make sense performance-wise to resample audio down for general
script processing is unclear. I think it would depend on more details of
the use-case. I hope that you can build a competitive resampler in JS these
days, in which case it would not much help to do the resampling in the
browser.

toD
rdsme,aoreseoouoto
lurpr