From: jan-ivar <notifications@github.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [mediacapture-main] Allow device capabilities to be
discoverable via enumerateDevices (#211)
To: w3c/mediacapture-main <mediacapture-main@noreply.github.com>
Cc: Joe Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>

@burnburn <https://github.com/burnburn> thanks for explaining the reason
for the exception.

Having an Audio Output spec add this makes sense to me FWIW. It might be
worth pondering whether such a spec would be likely to extend (with the
partial webidl keyword) either MediaTrackCapabilities or MediaDeviceInfo.
If the latter, we may want to rename info.capabilities to
info.inputCapabilities now to anticipate this (assuming we're still going
ahead). *

*) Because (MediaTrackCapabilities or OutputCapabilities) capabilities wont
work, as two dictionaries are not distinguishable
<https://heycam.github.io/webidl/#dfn-distinguishable> from each other in
webidl today.

—
<https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-main/pull/211#issuecomment-128408222>.