New Draft of Web MIDI Spec?

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 13:07:13 -0500
To: Audio WG <public-audio@w3.org>
Hey, folks–

I was informed that the Editor's Draft link on the Web MIDI API is
wrong; it points to the ED for the Web Audio API.

I requested permission to update this spec in place, but was told it's
against our current policy (which, thankfully, seems to be changing
soon); we don't change our specs in TR after publication (not even
metadata, apparently).

Instead, I was told to publish a new draft with the correct link in place.

We should publish a new draft of the Web MIDI API anyway, to meet
heartbeat publication requirements (normally every 3 months... we're
about 5 publications behind ^_^).

Would the editors be okay with publishing a new draft? (Are there any
changes that can be reflected in a new draft? Or, perhaps, issues that
could be resolved quickly?)

If so, would the Chairs be willing to get this ball rolling, by putting
out a RFC for publication?

Regards–
–Doug