Re: Calling All Tests

From: Andreas Tolfsen <ato@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 17:55:55 +0100
Cc: James Graham <jgraham@mozilla.com>
To: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
On 8 Jun 2015, at 17:44, Paul Adenot <padenot@mozilla.com> wrote:
> I've got someone working on importing Blink's test suite into the Gecko test suite, we'll see how it goes.

With the provision that I haven’t looked at these tests you speak of, have you considered upstreaming them to Web Platform Tests?

	https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests

The WPT tests is a shared test repository which aim it is to improve user agent interoperability on platform APIs.  It is marketed through the W3C Test the Web Forward effort, which has some documentation on tests’ formal requirements:

	http://testthewebforward.org/

> In the meantime, https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/media/webaudio/test are all the test we have. Running them outside Firefox should be quite simple, just a matter of putting the files SimpleTest.js, SimpleTest.css at the right location, with a standard web server. Some test make use of a "SpecialPowers" API. Most of the time, they can be ignored.

There will always be some browser specific, non-platform tests, that cannot be upstreamed.