Re: Audio WG requests

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 14:36:59 -0700
To: Joe Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>
Cc: Stefan HÃ¥kansson <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 26 May 2015 at 13:36, Joe Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com> wrote:
>> How do you envisage using these constraints?  They can't be used with
>> getUserMedia.  And getUserMedia is the only user of constraints that
>> I'm aware of.
>

> We're explicitly asking that these two constraints *can* be used with
> getUserMedia().

I think that I can conceive of a use case, but your request wasn't
clear. Let me try to repeat what I think you are asking for.

You want to specify constraints that apply not to the input device
that will produce the resulting media, but to the *associated* output
device.  I imagine that the idea is to ensure a compatible *pair* of
devices in the case where output is routed to a paired device.

If that's the case, I'll let the chairs decide how to proceed.  This
reads as a new feature request to me.  It's good to have the input,
but we have this strange process where we decide to stop accepting
changes.