W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-audio@w3.org > April to June 2015

[Minutes] Telcon Thursday May 14 2015 12.00 EDT

From: Joe Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 13:01:31 -0400
Message-ID: <CA+ojG-bxdo-gni7TBk8qD=DeShNp6DvaJMnVLGsubsBhocSAOQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
Hi WG,

Our next meeting will be the F2F on June 1-2 in Somerville, Mass. USA.

I'm sending out the raw minutes because RRSAgent's minutes link appears to
be broken.

...Joe

==============================

menu
Status #audioX
(no topic set)
[11:45] == joe [~joe@public.cloak] has joined #audio
[11:57] == rtoyg_m_ [~chatzilla@public.cloak] has joined #audio
[11:58] == hongchan [~Adium@public.cloak] has joined #audio
[11:58] == rtoyg_m [~chatzilla@public.cloak] has quit [Ping timeout: 180
seconds]
[11:58] == BillHofmann [~BillHofmann@public.cloak] has joined #audio
[11:58] == rtoyg_m_ has changed nick to rtoyg_m
[11:59] <joe> zakim, who's there
[11:59] <rtoyg_m> zakim, who's here
[11:59] <rtoyg_m> zakim, who's here?
[12:00] <BillHofmann> zakim, who's anywhere?
[12:00] <joe> zakim, what is life?
[12:00] <rtoyg_m> zakim, wake up!!!
[12:02] <mdjp> trackbot, start meeting
[12:02] * trackbot is preparing a teleconference.
[12:02] == RRSAgent [rrsagent@public.cloak] has joined #audio
[12:02] <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2015/05/14-audio-irc
[12:02] <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
[12:03] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, trackbot
[12:03] == Zakim [zakim@public.cloak] has joined #audio
[12:03] <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 28346
[12:03] <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see RWC_Audio()12:00PM scheduled to start 3
minutes ago
[12:03] <trackbot> Meeting: Audio Working Group Teleconference
[12:03] <trackbot> Date: 14 May 2015
[12:03] <rtoyg_m> zakim, who's here?
[12:03] <Zakim> RWC_Audio()12:00PM has not yet started, rtoyg_m
[12:03] <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, BillHofmann, hongchan, rtoyg_m, joe,
colinbdclark, shepazu, mdjp, rtoyg, toyoshim, slightlyoff, Domenic_,
cwilso, padenot, paul___irish, olivier, trackbot
[12:03] == jdsmith [~jdsmith@public.cloak] has joined #audio
[12:04] <joe> Rrsagent, start telcon
[12:04] <RRSAgent> I'm logging. I don't understand 'start telcon', joe.
Try /msg RRSAgent help
[12:04] <joe>  trackbot, start telcon
[12:04] * trackbot is preparing a teleconference.
[12:04] <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
[12:04] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, trackbot
[12:05] <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 28346
[12:05] <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see RWC_Audio()12:00PM scheduled to start 4
minutes ago
[12:05] <trackbot> Meeting: Audio Working Group Teleconference
[12:05] <trackbot> Date: 14 May 2015
[12:06] <cwilso> zakim, who is here?
[12:06] <Zakim> RWC_Audio()12:00PM has not yet started, cwilso
[12:06] <Zakim> On IRC I see jdsmith, Zakim, RRSAgent, BillHofmann,
hongchan, rtoyg_m, joe, colinbdclark, shepazu, mdjp, rtoyg, toyoshim,
slightlyoff, Domenic_, cwilso, padenot, paul___irish,
[12:06] <Zakim> ... olivier, trackbot
[12:06] <joe>
https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%22Web+Audio+V1%22+-label%3A%22Ready+for+Editing%22++label%3A%22Needs+WG+review%22
[12:06] <joe> zakim, pick a victim
[12:06] <Zakim> sorry, joe, I don't know what conference this is
[12:07] <shepazu> Zakim, this is Audio
[12:07] <Zakim> ok, shepazu; that matches RWC_Audio()12:00PM
[12:07] <joe> zakim, pick a victim
[12:07] <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I
propose ??P0
[12:07] <joe> zakim, pick a victim
[12:07] <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I
propose ??P0
[12:07] <joe> zakim, pick a victim
[12:07] <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I
propose +1.650.253.aaaa
[12:07] <rtoyg_m> zakim, who's here?
[12:07] <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P0, +1.650.253.aaaa, Doug_Schepers,
+1.510.387.aabb, [Microsoft]
[12:07] <Zakim> On IRC I see jdsmith, Zakim, RRSAgent, BillHofmann,
hongchan, rtoyg_m, joe, colinbdclark, shepazu, mdjp, rtoyg, toyoshim,
slightlyoff, Domenic_, cwilso, padenot, paul___irish,
[12:07] <Zakim> ... olivier, trackbot
[12:07] <BillHofmann> zakim, aabb is me
[12:07] <Zakim> +BillHofmann; got it
[12:08] <rtoyg_m> zakim, aaaa is me
[12:08] <Zakim> +rtoyg_m; got it
[12:08] <cwilso> zakim, rtoyg has cwilso
[12:08] <Zakim> +cwilso; got it
[12:08] <joe> zakim, P0 is me
[12:08] <Zakim> sorry, joe, I do not recognize a party named 'P0'
[12:08] <Zakim> +??P18
[12:08] <cwilso> zakim, rtoyg has hongchan
[12:08] <Zakim> +hongchan; got it
[12:08] <joe> zakim, ??P0 is me
[12:08] <Zakim> +joe; got it
[12:08] <Zakim> -??P18
[12:09] <mdjp> I assume I'm not hte only one who cant get in
[12:09] <mdjp> trackbot, start meeting
[12:09] == mdjp [~mdjp@public.cloak] has quit ["mdjp has quit"]
[12:09] <joe> scribeNick: rtoyg_m
[12:09] == mdjp [~mdjp@public.cloak] has joined #audio
[12:09] <joe> ScribeNick: rtoyg_m
[12:10] <hongchan> https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/122
[12:11] <joe> rtoy: if you have a convolver node running and you change the
buffer, it's going to glitch
[12:11] <joe> hoch: is that bad?
[12:11] <joe> rtoy: you won't know when it's going to happen
[12:13] <joe> mdjp, we're all in except you as far as we know
[12:16] <mdjp> joe - network issues at the bbc - hope to be in shortly
[12:16] <shepazu> Zakim, who's noisy?
[12:16] <Zakim> shepazu, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the
following: rtoyg_m (71%)
[12:17] * shepazu asks rtoyg_m to mute when not speaking
[12:17] * rtoyg_m is muted.
[12:21] <joe> https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/318
[12:21] * rtoyg_m will scribe now.
[12:23] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: Not sure this is needed.
[12:23] <Zakim> + +44.303.040.aacc
[12:24] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: Marshalling result across boundaries.  Also
depends on connections to the node in addition to automation.
[12:25] <rtoyg_m> joe: Is a way needed to get computed value?
[12:26] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: No.  Can be done yourself.
[12:28] <rtoyg_m> cwilso:  Suggests allowing audioparam to have connect.
Needs more discussion.
[12:28] <joe> https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/335
[12:29] <joe> zakim, aacc is mdjp
[12:29] <Zakim> +mdjp; got it
[12:29] <joe> https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/335
[12:30] <BillHofmann> q+
[12:30] * Zakim sees BillHofmann on the speaker queue
[12:31] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: Don't use ProgressEvent and provide some other
means.  No common established pattern yet.
[12:32] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: But could use ProgressEvent.
[12:34] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: Subclass ProgressEvent to handle what we want.
Needs some kind of object to keep track of events from different
decodeAudioData.
[12:34] <joe> ack BillHofmann
[12:34] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[12:35] <rtoyg_m> BillHofmann: Is this needed for v1?
[12:35] <rtoyg_m> cwilso:  Nice to give user feedback on progress,
especially on mobile.
[12:37] <joe> q+
[12:37] * Zakim sees joe on the speaker queue
[12:37] <rtoyg_m> BillHofmann: Does this give a more robust mechanism for
decoding audio.
[12:37] <joe> ack joe
[12:37] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[12:38] <rtoyg_m> joe: Notes that noteflight has this issue loading audio.
Tangible progress info is nice.
[12:39] <rtoyg_m> joe: Suggests this is v.next.
[12:39] <rtoyg_m> cwilso:  Suggests subclassing ProgressEvent and using
it.  Implementors need to investigate and report back at F2F.
[12:40] <joe> https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/340
[12:40] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: Investigate feasibility of using ProgressEvent.
[12:41] <rtoyg_m> joe: Suggests revisiting at F2F.
[12:41] <joe> https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/122
[12:41] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: Agrees.  This is complicated issue.
[12:42] <joe> https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/372
[12:43] <joe> See
https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/compare/372-StereoPanner
[12:43] <rtoyg_m> cwilso:  Issue with PannerNode was too complicated for
general use.  Split out with StereoPanner and add new panner with HRTF
loading explicit and all attributes being params.
[12:44] <rtoyg_m> cwilso:  cwilso and hongchan should review this again and
submit pull request.
[12:45] <joe> https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/445
[12:46] <rtoyg_m> joe: Do we need to wait for Audio Output API to be
blessed before we spec selectable audio output in WebAudio.
[12:47] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: No.  But Audio Output API isn't enough to do what
we want.
[12:48] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: Need info on channels, audio rate, etc.  Need a
sinkID for this so audiocontext can be constructed correctly.
[12:49] <BillHofmann> agree.  that's what we need.
[12:49] <rtoyg_m> joe: If Audio Output API provides the needed info ,are we
done?
[12:50] <rtoyg_m> cwilso: Yes.
[12:53] <rtoyg_m> joe: Should we have teleconf on May 28?
[12:54] <rtoyg_m> joe: Suggests not having it. So this is last teleconf
before F2F.
[12:56] <rtoyg_m> shepazu: Zakim decommissioned late June.
[12:58] <rtoyg_m> joe:  Meeting adjourned.
[12:58] <Zakim> -BillHofmann
[12:58] <Zakim> -[Microsoft]
[12:58] <Zakim> -joe
[12:58] == jdsmith [~jdsmith@public.cloak] has quit ["Page closed"]
[12:58] <Zakim> -Doug_Schepers
[12:58] <Zakim> -mdjp
[12:58] <joe> trackbot, end telcon
[12:58] * trackbot is ending a teleconference.
[12:58] <trackbot> Zakim, list attendees
[12:58] <Zakim> As of this point the attendees have been +1.650.253.aaaa,
Doug_Schepers, +1.510.387.aabb, [Microsoft], BillHofmann, cwilso, hongchan,
joe, +44.303.040.aacc, mdjp
[12:58] <Zakim> -rtoyg_m
[12:58] <Zakim> RWC_Audio()12:00PM has ended
[12:58] <Zakim> Attendees were +1.650.253.aaaa, Doug_Schepers,
+1.510.387.aabb, [Microsoft], BillHofmann, cwilso, hongchan, joe,
+44.303.040.aacc, mdjp
[12:59] <trackbot> RRSAgent, please draft minutes
[12:59] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate
http://www.w3.org/2015/05/14-audio-minutes.html trackbot
[12:59] <trackbot> RRSAgent, bye
[12:59] <RRSAgent> I see no action items
[12:59] == RRSAgent [rrsagent@public.cloak] has left #audio []
[12:59] == hongchan [~Adium@public.cloak] has quit ["Leaving."]
BillHofmann
colinbdclark
cwilso
Domenic_
joe
mdjp
olivier
padenot
paul___irish
rtoyg
rtoyg_m
shepazu
slightlyoff
toyoshim
trackbot
Zakim
Received on Thursday, 14 May 2015 17:02:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 14 May 2015 17:02:01 UTC