Re: [Agenda] Web Audio WG Teleconference 30 April 2015 12:00 EDT

Hi Group,

Here's an outline of a process that Matt and I are proposing we follow
between now and the June 1 F2F. I think this process itself can be the
first agendum on our call today, after which I hope we can continue this
and subsequent pre-F2F calls by following the process (or whatever amended
version we agree to).

1. GOALS

- Shift to a crisp, issue-driven approach that focuses attention only on
those areas that are both significant and still lack a clear action.

- Get all issues marked with the *Web Audio V1* milestone into *Ready For
Editing* state by the *end* of the June F2F. Note that some issues may be
closed or deferred in this process rather than entering an edit-ready state.

- Apply all the above edits to the spec in time for TPAC.

- Use TPAC as an opportunity to move the V1 spec forward towards a
Recommendation.

2. PROCESS UP TO JUNE F2F:

- A number of issues are marked with the *Web Audio V1* milestone but are *not
Ready For Editing*. These can be examined here:

https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues?page=2&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%22Web+Audio+V1%22+-label%3A%22Ready+for+Editing%22&utf8=%E2%9C%93

- Matt and I have earmarked issues on this list in one of these ways:

  * *Almost Ready For Editing:* the issue appears to be ready for editing
but wasn't so marked

  * *Potentially Deferred to v.next:* the issue is not ready for editing
but doesn't appear significant enough and lacks any visible concensus to
continue occupying V1 bandwidth

  * *Needs WG review:* the issue definitely requires further discussion

- Our single goal between now and the F2F is to evict issues from the above
list by either getting them ready for editing, closing them, or marking
them with the V.Next milestone.

- Unless WG members specifically object by EOD next Thursday (May 7) Any
issues that we've marked as *Almost Ready For Editing* or *Potentially
Deferred to v.next* will be migrated to Ready For Editing or deferred to
V.Next respectively and will so leave this list.

- Issues marked as *Needs WG Review* will be discussed on calls, oldest
issues (lowest IDs) first. WG members can mark issues with this label to
get them on the agenda for the next call, and can of course discuss in the
issue threads themselves.

- Issues that aren't marked with any of the above labels still need
resolution. Spec editors please assign these to yourselves and either move
them to *Ready for Editing* or *Needs WG Review*.  (The *Almost Ready *label
may still be useful as a way to mark proposals that will proceed if there
are no objections by the F2F -- to be discussed.)

- Newly filed issues will not make it into the V1 list unless proposed for
WG review and then approved on a call.

Hope this sounds reasonable -- in any case, we'll discuss shortly!

...Joe