Re: Market Development for "Web MIDI"

From: James Ingram <j.ingram@netcologne.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 00:40:51 +0200
To: public-audio@w3.org
CC: Tom White <twhite@midi.org>
Hi all,

I don't think there's any need for a new logo for MIDI hardware -- but
Web MIDI Apps are a different story.

I think Web MIDI Apps could display a logo based on the official General
MIDI logo (see [1]).
There could be logos which are
*either* just an indication that this is a Web MIDI app -- i.e. it needs
MIDI input and/or output devices.
(This would be like advertising for MIDI, and not necessarily need the
MMA's permission to use on a web site.)
*and / or* an indication that the app has been approved by the MMA.
(In that case the word "approved" needs to be there. It might be illegal
to copy this type of app to a different site without permission, but I'm
no expert on terms and conditions. That's up to the MMA, of course.)

Thoughts:
These sketches ought to be made to match the general MIDI logo exactly
(fonts, alignments etc.).
They can be used as clickable links... (To where?)
They could also be printed on software packaging, if there is any.

Best,
James

[1] http://james-ingram.de/demos/MIDILogoSketches.png