Re: Market Development for "Web MIDI"

Hi all,

I think "MIDI" logo is enough for that because "Web MIDI" is USB-MIDI
I/F on Web browser in technologically. My point is that I do not want
consumer to get confuse. When app is using Web MIDI, from consumer
point of view, they are just using MIDI devices and Web app with Web
browser. However, I am understanding that to promote Web MIDI is
important, and I would like to do that.(Actually I have been doing
that in Japan and China with Tom White.) So I prefer to make something
like badge of Google Play or App Store. I created really rough sample
image.[1]
(Putting URL on bottom would depend on the people who use this badge.)

With this badge, I think consumers easily recognize that "the MIDI
devices" has Web App on the URL. I am thinking putting this badge on
the promotion web site with hyperlink and for product package(maybe),
by the way.
This look like only promoting "MIDI", but consumer will use Web MIDI
App on the web, so eventually it is almost same as promotion of "Web
MIDI", I think. I also think that adding W3C logo for this badge is
better if W3C allow to use the logo that way. ( I am sure the
permission of both MMA and AMEI are required to using the MIDI logo,
too. and I am not sure that they allow us to use that at this
moment....)

[1] https://db.tt/X4UJYvIF

Thanks,
 Kawai