RE: Market Development for "Web MIDI"

Logo programs usually require compliance test suites: pass and you can logo, fail and you can’t.  This seems like something the MMA might consider and manage, but I wouldn’t expect W3C involvement.

Jerry

From: Chris Wilson [mailto:cwilso@google.com]
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 8:34 PM
To: Tom White (MMA); Douglas Schepers; Nantonos Aedui
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
Subject: Re: Market Development for "Web MIDI"

I'm in favor of this, personally.  The W3C management might want a go at this.  (Explicit +Doug, +Chris)

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Tom White (MMA) <lists@midi.org<mailto:lists@midi.org>> wrote:
Hello All,

As you might imagine, many of the members of the MIDI
Mfrs Assoc are very interested in the new opportunities
that the Web MIDI API offers to users of MIDI products...

Some are planning to offer new hardware and software
products designed to work with Web MIDI apps, and think
it would be useful to be have a logo that consumers can
use to identify products that are designed for the Web...

Is it okay with the WG if the MMA comes up a "Web MIDI"
compatibility logo?

Thanks,

Tom White
MIDI Mfrs Assoc (MMA)