Re: Audio Workers - please review

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com> wrote:

> I don't know how it is possible to do this, unless all WA changes are
> batched up into a single postMessage.

I think that would be beneficial, yes. The same applies to native nodes -
in most web platform features (in fact I can't think of one exception) the
things you do in a single "job" get *observably* applied at the same time,
e.g. with WebGL you don't get half the scene rendered in one frame and the
rest in the next one. This is the point argued in earlier discussions some
time ago as well: the state of things shouldn't change on its own during a
job.

As for the creation of the audio context, I think the easiest solution is
that we specify that the context starts playback only after the job that
created it has yielded, batching up all the creation-time instructions
before starting playback.