Re: Audio Workers - please review

From: Srikumar K. S. <srikumarks@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 06:11:01 +0530
Cc: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
To: Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>
Rgd AudioParams, addParameter and removeParameter, AudioParams thus far have served as a bridge between the script world and the processing world by providing a value automation interface to scripts and computed value buffers to nodes. The add/remove design preserves this function without adding on the complication of mapping an arbitrary time to a value buffer. It also bypasses transfer questions, since workers cannot create AudioParam objects by calling a constructor (directly or indirectly). They can do it only via postMessage to main thread.

So, as a dev, I find the proposed design for script node params is simpler to understand and sufficient in terms of function. In fact I've been using a wrapper to the scriptprocessornode that does a limited version of this (params cannot be added dynamically).

-Kumar