Re: Round Trip Latency test

From: Stephen Band <stephband@cruncher.ch>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 21:46:48 +0200
To: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
It's nothing to do with the UI really. You're doing well if you get less
than 40ms out of a standard sound card, but if you use a good external
audio interface you could see as low as 5ms.

Above 15-20ms is when the ear starts to hear two distinct sounds, although
it can be uncomfortable to sing and monitor with a latency of >10ms.

So I would say a good latency would be <10ms. But good luck getting there :)