Re: Minutes of W3C Audio WG Teleconference 2013-08-28

> * AOB
>
> Jer asked about testing. It’s the next big work item after we solve the big architectural
> issues.

Yes, it’s going to be a big bit of work. I occasionally help and prod people to contribute tests to our repo, and we are making slow progress, but it’s really tough to find people to commit the time to help out.

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/webaudio

It’s not as simple as just moving the tests from the gecko or webkit over either, as they need porting to use the W3C test harness and checking against the current spec to make sure they reflect the wording of the spec and not the reality of the particular implementation. I wrote some notes on how to do that:

http://blog.chrislowis.co.uk/2014/04/30/testing-web-audio.html

I feel like requiring a (failing) test with every change that gets merged into the spec would be overkill and slow things down, but obviously it does mean that the spec is moving at a faster rate than the test suite!

Cheers,

Chris