Re: AudioWorker proposal

No, since AudioWorker is derived from Worker, it responds to (and has
access to) .postMessage and .onmessage - enabling you to send and receive
messages between the main thread and the audio worker, even structured
objects (if they're clonable). (See
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Worker.postMessage.)  The
isolation of everything else is a feature.  You could, for example,
transfer an ArrayBuffer, so you could implement convolution or something
else that requires a data array - but you don't need to worry about race
conditions, because it's message-based and transferable or clonable only.

In this way, we can also not worry about the neutering/reuse/new'ing of
ArrayBuffers for the onaudioprocess calls - because they're not across
threads - and this is a desirable optimization, since we don't need to
thrash memory (by alloc'ing new objects for every audioprocess call).