Changing default panner model to equalpower instead of HRTF?

From: Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 10:07:48 -0700
To: "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
The HRTF panner takes significant resources to load impulse responses as
well as in processing power. For low-end mobile devices this represents
significant resources that we may not want to use.

Since the current default panner model is HRTF, once a panner is created,
the HRTF database must be loaded, even if the user immediately switches to
the equalpower panner.

If we make the default be the equalpower model, we won't have this problem.
Only if the application wants to use the HRTF panner will the extra memory
be used.

Can we change the default to equalpower? This would, obviously, be a
breaking change in the spec.

Ray