Mono DynamicsCompressorNode faulty gain stage

From: Robin Reumers <robinreumers@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 18:57:03 +0200
To: public-audio@w3.org
Hi,

The DynamicsCompressorNode seems to expect a channel count of 2. But if I connect a mono source, it seems to always boost the level by about 3dB, because of its makeup gain adjustment. So even when using a threshold of 0 dB / ratio of 1:1 there is a gain being added to the source file.
I now have to implement an extra gain stage when the source file is mono. Isnít there an alternative to resolve this issue?

Best wishes,

Robin