Re: Re: Serial connection between multiple pannerNodes recursively

From: Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:50:09 -0800
To: Kim KeonHo <keonho07.kim@samsung.com>
Cc: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Hongchan Choi <choihongchan@gmail.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 2:08 PM, KeonHo Kim <keonho07.kim@samsung.com>wrote:

> Webkit/blink implementation is refered one pannerNode that is connected at
> final for doppler rate. Distance, sound cone, azimuth and elevation
> are affected all connected panner. If there is connection changed
> audiobuffersource refers only one and final.
>
> @Ray, could you check it togather, am I correct?

If by "final" you mean the last panner connected, then I believe this is
true.

And as Chris mentioned, I believe this is used to implement a doppler
effect.  The doppler in the panner is used to adjust the playback rate of a
connected AudioBufferSourceNode. I think this means other types of source
nodes won't get a doppler effect applied at all.

I do not know why it's implemented this way.

Ray