Re: [Buzzkill] Cleaning Up Web Audio API Spec

On 03/12/2013 13:14, Olivier Thereaux wrote:> Hello,

> On 7 Oct 2013, at 22:06, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> > TL;DR: We're publishing the heartbeat draft of the Web Audio API
spec as it
>> > is this time, but for next publication, we'd like to clean out some
of the
>> > inappropriate images and references.
>
> Getting back to this and looking at what we need to do to get to a
state where
> we can make another official publication of the Web Audio API.
>
> 1) ReSpec - Paul has been working on migrating (back) to ReSpec. The
draft is
> at http://padenot.github.io/web-audio-api/ and looks good, as far as I
can tell.
> Only obvious bug seems to be that the numbering of sections has been
shifted off
> by one. Not sure it’s on purpose, or that it’s a good idea.

It's what ReSpec does by default, we can change that if needed.

> 2) The AudioBuffer Data Races proposal needs to be integrated into the
draft.
> Tracked here: https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/66 -
assigned to
> Paul. Paul, what’s the status?

I've started gathering mailing list discussion, and updating the wiki
page roc initialy wrote. I still have to put it in the spec. I hope to
have it done by the end of the week.

> 3) Remove the sections we’ve agreed should not be in the spec but in
companion
> documentation. On this Paul wrote:
>> > I'm thinking of removing product names (GarageBand is cited, for
>> > example), company names (EA is cited), and screenshots, basically
>> > cleaning up the section 16, "Example Applications" [0]. In addition,
>> > maybe we could remove the references to other software in section 11,
>> > Spatialization and Panning [1].
> [0]: http://webaudio.github.io/web-audio-api/#ExampleApplications
> [1]: http://webaudio.github.io/web-audio-api/#Spatialization-section
>
> … possibly we should remove the change log too - mooted by link to github.
>
> Paul, is this on your plate too? I’d like to assign an action item for
this to
> be tracked and completed soon.

I can do it if needed, but I have not started doing it.

Cheers,
Paul.