Re: Precise control over transient effects in immediate sounds

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 3:56 AM, Joseph Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>wrote:

> I think that this is one symptom of a larger issue that has been discussed
> (but not resolved) in the past, which is that it is not possible today to
> discover how much de facto latency is present in the  audio engine. If it
> were, the xxxAtTime() calls would be completely effective because you would
> know what “minimal latency” meant in absolute terms.

I think these aren't related. I think we can solve Karl's issue without
knowing anything about output latency. What Karl needs is a way to sync
parameter changes with the point in time when the audio engine actually
starts mixing an AudioBufferSourceNode into its output.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w