Re: [web-audio-api] Browser support tests

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your feedback and the information!

I've looked through the web-platform-tests repository, trying to see
how/if the tests I wrote could fit in.
It seems like my tests are a bit redundant to the Web IDL tests role,
testing only the interface definition. When I looked at those those
tests briefly before, I assumed they are just parsing tests for the
IDL parts of the specification.

My tests rely on a definition of (a small subset of) spec, defined in
https://github.com/amitayd/webaudio-compatibility/blob/master/js/webAudioSpec.js.
It is also much less strict than those tests, allowing to give
alternative names to attributes, and not checking the prototype, but
just the instances.
Overall, it's more about checking the common functionality in
implementation, and less the strict adherence to the spec. It's also
written in a way that allows easy feature detection (i.e. checking
something like
webAudioCapabilites("AudioContext.createOscillator.type.isEnum")), and
reporting the results to an external source.

So perhaps it's better to extend the web platform IDL tests. Am
looking at this now, will have a follow up on a different thread.
However, augmenting the tests I've created and integrating them would
probably be something I can get done earlier. Are all tests expected
to use W3C's test harness?

Regarding the other idea, synthesizing the results into a caniuse like
report, some questions (some are pretty open):
Is there now a single runner for all the tests?
Should something like this be part of the web platform tests?
What might be a good subset tests to synthesize such a feature support list?

Cheers,
Amitay