Re: Web Audio and Pro Sample Libraries

From: James Ingram <j.ingram@netcologne.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:07:17 +0200
To: public-audio@w3.org, Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Hi all,

Just wanted to +1 Jussi's proposal for the creation of a "general
purpose sample library player".

Jussi: does your proposal mean for single instruments (e.g. "Grand Piano")?
I think it might be almost as easy, and lead to a more elegant future,
if the aim was to create
a general purpose MIDI "sound font" player. Maybe there's a layer
between what you are proposing,
and doing that.

I'm currently developing a special "sound font" for a new (SVG-MIDI)
score I'm writing. Of course,
this currently only works locally with the Web MIDI API, so I've got a
Javascript sound font player
on my TODO list. for next year.

Are there any professionals out there working on this, or am I going to
have to roll my own?

All the best,
James

http://james-ingram-act-two.de/open-source/publicAssistantPerformer/assistantPerformer.html