Re: AnalyzerNode - magnitude/phase

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 19:18:53 +0200
To: Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@gmail.com>
CC: public-audio@w3.org
Hello Chris,

Friday, September 27, 2013, 11:22:52 AM, you wrote:

> i) Allow getFloatFrequencyData() to return an array of complex values somehow.

Seems more technically correct and less likely to be implemented (oh
no, complex numbers)

> ii) Add methods for getRealFrequencyData() and getImaginaryFrequencyData()

ditto (name is correct but scary)

> iii) Add getFloatPhaseData() which would return the phase of the
> calculated spectrum, and leave getFloatFrequencyData() returning the
> magnitude.

That seems like the best option to me. And yes, getting the phase is
useful. What about an allpass filter as an example? Square waves in,
tilted square waves out, that sort of thing.

--
Best regards,