Re: ScriptProcessorNode behavior without JavsScript references

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 06:38:32 -0700
To: Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com>
Cc: Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com>, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com> wrote:

>  That sounds like a reasonable solution (or it could just disconnect
> itself?).

Yes, presumably you could just disconnect yourself, and that would cause
the onaudioprocess to stop being called (and thus release observability).

In any event I think that we need to clearly instruct developers to signal
> the death of ScriptProcessorNodes, or they could leak like mad (e.g. if you
> create one ScriptProcessorNode per note played in a MIDI application).

Yep, that's the major concern here.  I foresee LOTS of leaky SP scenarios.

> One way could be to add an explicit "active" attribute to the node or
> something (that would be hard to miss for developers).

But they won't be checking them - because they won't have references
anymore.  :)

-Chris