References for helping me to implement dynamic range compression

From: s p <sebpiq@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:33:26 +0400
To: "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
Hi!

I am currently implementing DynamicsCompressorNode in node-web-audio-api (
https://github.com/sebpiq/node-web-audio-api).

I have been looking for some implementation that I could copy, but until
now, I have found mostly research papers and experimental implementations
of compression.
I cannot read C++ :( , otherwise I would read blink or gecko source code.

If the people who implemented it are reading this message ... any reference
to an article or site that you used for the implementation?

For example, how do you calculate the input level? RMS on a block?

Any pointer would be welcome.