Re: TAG feedback on Web Audio

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 09:44:13 +1200
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Cc: Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>, "K. Gadd" <kg@luminance.org>, Srikumar Karaikudi Subramanian <srikumarks@gmail.com>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Olivier Thereaux <Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>, "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>wrote:

> Now ask questions like: how many bytes per second will be copied in
> aggressive usage scenarios for your API? Presumably the answer is much
> higher for video than for audio, and likely higher for multichannel audio
> (24 track mixing) than for simpler scenarios.

For this we need concrete, realistic test cases. We need people who are
concerned about copying overhead to identify test cases that they're
willing to draw conclusions from. (I.e., test cases where, if we
demonstrate low overhead, they won't just turn around and say "OK I'll look
for a better testcase" :-).)

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*