Re: TAG feedback on Web Audio

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 17:09:57 -0700
To: Olivier Thereaux <Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>, "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Olivier Thereaux
<Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Language such as “it is impermissible for Web Audio to unilaterally add
> visible data races” without any consideration of the probability and
> impact of said data races is, IMHO, rather peremptory and thus ultimately
> unhelpful in helping our group decide the best course of action.

Unilaterally introducing data races into the platform without wider
discussion and involvement of the various stewards of the platform
(TC39, WebApps, WHATWG) is bad. You are changing the invariants of the
game and that should not be up to any single group.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/