Re: decodeAudioBuffer, XHR and MIME headers

From: Ralph Giles <giles@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:33:16 -0700
To: public-audio@w3.org
On 13-07-24 2:26 PM, K. Gadd wrote:
> Maybe it's actually a super easy problem to solve and I'm just missing
> something.

It's not especially hard, but it's not trivial either. This is why
http://mimesniff.spec.whatwg.org/ doesn't currently specify anything
outside of the id3 tag header for mp3. Having the author/server declare
the mimetype, as we do with the <audio> element, removes the complexity
of sniffing. In that sense, having an explicit mimetype for
decodeAudioBuffer() would have been a better design.

 -r