Re: Preparing the vote on the data race issue

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Olivier Thereaux <
Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

>  1. No change in the API. The spec will include a clarifying statement
> about the fact that effects of modifying a buffer while reading its data is
> not specified and might yield unexpected results.

This option is incomplete without a fix for the buffer neutering security
bug. Chris/Jer's proposed fix requires modifying the Typed Array spec (or
possibly the Web Workers spec). I suspect a Web Audio vote can't vote for
changes to other specs, so I'm not sure how to handle that.

That "clarifying statement" needs to be precise about what "while reading
its data" means and what "unexpected results" can mean. In fact I think it
would be fair to have this clarifying statement provided before the vote,
so we can see exactly what we're voting for.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*