Re: New proposal for fixing race conditions

From: Russell McClellan <russell@motu.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 11:40:12 -0400
To: "public-audio@w3.org WG" <public-audio@w3.org>
I'm not sure I fully understand this new proposal by Jer, but it seems like it requires a new allocation of an audio buffer every time a ScriptProcessorNode processes an event.  If I'm right about this, my intuition is that this will degrade the performance characteristics of the ScriptProcessorNode.  I could be wrong about either of these propositions - please correct me if I am.

This situation is sort of unfortunate from my perspective (i.e. a potential user of the API), as we already have a thread-safe proposal on the table that doesn't significantly degrade the performance of ScriptProcessorNode (i.e., Robert's initial proposal).  As a user, I would prefer as much performance as possible from the ScriptProcessorNodes.

Thanks,
-Russell