Re: Proposal for fixing race conditions

From: Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 16:57:41 -0700
Cc: Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>, Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>, Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com>, WG <public-audio@w3.org>, "K. Gadd" <kg@luminance.org>, Olivier Thereaux <Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
To: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>

On Jul 18, 2013, at 4:37 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> If you consider neutering undesirable, you should have tried to block its introduction. Did you provide feedback to Hixie about that? If you feel strongly about this, please write to public-html and whatwg (maybe public-script-coord) explaining your position and asking them not to add new usage of neutering. This is not a good forum to make that kind of architectural decision.

Actually, this is precisely the right forum to make that kind of architectural decision about the Web Audio API.  If anything, this is the wrong forum to bring up the example of Workers and try to shoe-horn decisions made in that context into this one.

You seem to be implying that, if I did not object to neuterable buffers in the context of Web Workers that I canít object to them in the context of Web Audio.  Would you like to clarify that?

-Jer