Re: Proposal for fixing race conditions

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM, K. Gadd <kg@luminance.org> wrote:

> It should be quite easy to test the performance benefits of the racy
> version of the API, as based on my understanding the Firefox implementation
> currently makes copies.

Because we implement what I proposed in the message which started this
thread ---
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2013AprJun/0644.html ---
my guess is that we avoid almost all copying related to AudioBuffers, in
practice. From feedback on the list, it sounds like the copies related to
AudioParam.setValueCurveAtTime and WaveShaperNode.curve are most likely to
be a problem in our implementation --- if there is a problem.

And yes, it's extremely important to keep in mind that we're only talking
about the performance of legacy content here. Introducing a notion of
immutable audio buffer should make it easy to write new content with no
copying overhead and no potential races.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*