Re: Proposal for fixing race conditions

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 22:08:23 +1200
To: Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com>
Cc: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>, Joseph Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>, Dave Herman <dherman@ccs.neu.edu>, "Mark S. Miller" <erights@google.com>
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com> wrote:

>  The only real concern I have seen so far for *not* fixing the API is
> performance.

To be clear, it's only the performance of existing content. I think it's
pretty clear we can add new APIs that give equivalent performance to the
racy approach, without the races.

Even for existing content, with a little more complexity (already
implemented in Gecko), I'm pretty sure we can have similar performance to
Blink/Webkit. If Chris produces examples whose performance he cares about,
I can test that theory.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*