Re: Sites using webkitAudioContext only

From: Patrick Borgeat <patrick.borgeat@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 09:39:14 +0200
To: Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com>
Cc: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>, Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk>, Soledad Penades <spenades@mozilla.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
2013/7/4 Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com>

>  Actually, that is pretty much how I envision doing the Web Audio port of
> my JS synth ( http://sb.bitsnbites.eu/player.js ), just haven't gotten
> around to doing it yet. Of course, it means that I won't get as high
> quality oscillators as the OscillatorNode, but that's not the point.
>
> /Marcus

Doing "dirty" LoFi oscillators with native nodes is one of the shortcomings
of the API at the moment, as far as I can see. Of course one always can use
ScriptProcessorNodes, but are there plans to add an interpolation-flag to
AudioBufferSourceNodes (to disable interpolation and/or choose a desired
interpolation) and to add time-domain based PeriodicWaves, along with a
quality/interpolation flag in OscillatorNodes?

cheers,
Patrick