Re: Proposal for fixing race conditions

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 11:15:51 +1200
To: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>
Cc: Joseph Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 4:43 AM, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 4:12 AM, Joseph Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>wrote:
>
>> FWIW, my reading was that Chris's last email agreed in principle that
>> races needed to be eliminated and he said he wanted one more chance to go
>> through the list of issues. The ball seems to be in his court.
>>

> Joe, I'm sorry if you misunderstood.  I *did* go through Robert's list one
> more time and proposed my solution to the race problem.

That's what I thought you were trying to do.

However, your solution (adding "non-neuterable ArrayBuffers" to the Web
platform) only addresses the neutering issue. It does nothing to prevent
ArrayBuffer modifications from JS being visible to the audio thread in a
racy manner.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*