Re: Testing

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 23:33:37 +1200
To: Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: WebAudio <public-audio@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> I'd like us to reuse as many of the tests as possible from Blink and
> Gecko, so am planning to copy as many in to the appropriate places as I
> can. There's going to be some duplication here, I'm sure - and I guess
> the W3C test suite will tend to cover the happy path rather than any
> edge cases or platform-specific issues, but hope fully we can get to the
> stage where, as discussed at the f2f earlier in the year, the W3C test
> suite becomes a part of the implementors CI systems.
>
> Any thoughts on that?

We probably should start with the W3C testharness.js --- though I'm not a
huge fan of it myself, we have support for integrating it into our tests at
Mozilla and I think Blink does too.

You might want to look at
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/content/media/webaudio/test/webaudio.jsto
see how Ehsan created a little framework for simplifying Web Audio
tests, and see if we can build something like that on top of testharness.js.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*