Re: Arithmetic Nodes

From: Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 15:58:31 +0100
To: Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com>
CC: WebAudio <public-audio@w3.org>

Marcus Geelnard writes:
> I really think that ScriptProcessorNodes are sufficient for these kind
> of operations. If they are considered too heavy, I think that arithmetic
> nodes could built on top of them (it should be easy enough to do it as a
> JS lib).

I'm sure you're right here. However, I noticed with languages like pure
data these operations are so fundamental that they're available as
independent "nodes". One advantage of making them available as "native"
nodes would be to avoid the additional latency added when using a
ScriptProcessorNode.

Cheers,

Chris

http://www.bbc.co.uk