Re: Consensus on the issue of deprecated APIs and sync decoding

Den 2013-06- 21:30:18 skrev Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>:

> It would be interesting to see if we can add something to
> <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web_Audio_API/>Porting_webkitAudioContext_code_to_standards_based_AudioContext>
> which makes that article a more complete resource for web developers who
> >wish to learn how to port their code over to the standard
> AudioContext...
>
> I think that most of the content in the "old names" section of the spec
> is currently reflected in that document.

Sorry for going a bit off topic here...

I think that dev article is very informative, and it would be great if it
could serve as the de facto reference for porting webkitAudioContext code
to AudioContext. (On another note, I personally think that such
information does not belong in a spec, but I will not object strongly
about it).

I think it would be really great if that article was styled in a way so
that you can easily see what's old and what's new - for instance having
different background colors for the old / new code. That way you can
quickly get a glance of the differences in the APIs. I also think it would
be good to have code samples for every section (even for trivial things
such as setTargetValueAtTime), making for a more consistent presentation.

--
Marcus Geelnard
Technical Lead, Mobile Infrastructure