Re: Consensus on the issue of deprecated APIs and sync decoding

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Olivier Thereaux <
Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> On 25/06/2013 15:29, "Ehsan Akhgari" <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Do you mean the issue of whether we should keep the mention of the old
> >names in the spec?  It's ok to keep discussing that, but the main things
> >I'm seeking for consensus on is whether those names are removed from the
> >normative text of the spec, and I don't believe there is a
> >counter-proposal to that part of the issue.
>
> Yes, fair enough.
>
> I think it could be best for us to agree on where the text should end up
> (if anywhere) before taking it out of the normative section of the spec,
> but I agree that bit now appears uncontroversial - or indeed, I haven't
> seen any objection.

It would be interesting to see if we can add something to <
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web_Audio_API/Porting_webkitAudioContext_code_to_standards_based_AudioContext>
which makes that article a more complete resource for web developers who
wish to learn how to port their code over to the standard AudioContext...

I think that most of the content in the "old names" section of the spec is
currently reflected in that document.

Cheers,
--
Ehsan