Re: FFT & IFFT with the Web Audio API

Well, it's a pity that the FFT code is hidden under the analyzer node.
Like you, I'd like to be able to do FFT:ing for signal processing (both
signal generation and filtering).

My original proposal was to rip the FFT part out of the analyzer node (it
can just as well give the time domain signal only), and expose the FFT
functionality in a JS interface instead. That way we would have the same
functionality and performance for the analyzer node (when combined with
the JS FFT interface), but the FFT primitive could be used in the
ScriptProcessorNode too for a wide range of interesting effects (not to
mention for using it for non-Web Audio stuff as well).

Unfortunately, this never happened.

/Marcus

--
Marcus Geelnard