Re: Can users determine if audio has glitched?

On Jun 11, 2013, at 12:26 AM, lonce <lonce.wyse@zwhome.org> wrote:

> This"missed deadline" EventListener seems like the best idea to me.
> It is as about as low in computational complexity as you can get, it would allow the programmer to decide how best to respond to the situation, and it would be useful for debugging  (which a mere priority level would not be).

Right, I suppose there are two issues here - _preventing_ glitches, and _detecting_ glitches.  I was only asking about detecting them.  As John Byrd noted, as far as I know there isn't an accepted best practice in how to prevent them, but detecting them seems like a very solvable problem.  An event on the ScriptProcessorNode seems reasonable to me.

Thanks,
-Russell