Re: HTML WG thread on "background" audio in browser

Please also consider [1], as a prolongation on Wes's work.

Basically, we (Mounir and I) found that Wes's proposal was not covering
all the use cases we needed, so we built upon his proposal to cover a
broader spectrum of applications. Our proposal also includes latency
considerations, targeted at WebAudio and WebRTC.

Supporting WebAudio should be pretty straightfoward (say, setting an
attribute on the context).

I think that the use cases listed are well suited for web audio, but if
you disagree, feel free to comment.

Cheers,
Paul.

[1]: